The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Wading into deeper water

Boy have I been running hot on Party STT!!! I had been currently playing at the $20+2 level, but I am now mixing in some $30+3. So far this week, I have played 9 at the $20 level and have made the money in 6 of them, but what is even more amazing is that 5 of those were first place!! How crazy is that??!!?? As for the $30 level, I have played 6 and have made the money in exactly 50% of them with a first, a second, and a third. Players are a little tighter at the $30 level but I think I can still make some money here.

What I do know is that I can no longer win at the $10 level. Isn't that funny? Is it possible to outgrow a level? I definitely think so. I have been teaching my wife to play. She started out playing the $5 single....she has since started to consistently make the money at the $10 level. I couldn't help but to crack up laughing the other night when she remarked that she doesn't know how she ever won at the $5 level after taking a bad beat there. The play level there is so bad that it is scary!

I haven't even sniffed a final table in a MTT this week. Hopefully that will change this Sunday in the Monty Memorial Blogger Tourney at Pacific. Hope to see you all there. My screenname there is Mavdawg. Just look for me at the top of the leaderboard.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home