The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Monday, August 23, 2004

Small potatoes

What a waste of a week. I think I logged more hours this week than I have in a long time and I have a $75 profit to show for it. I bet that is probably less than $2 per hour for the week. I guess I shouldn't be complaining since at least I didn't lose. I had a decent week in STT. I also cashed in a few MTT but didn't really have any good final table finish to show. As I explained in my last post, the experiment with the ring games did not go very well. I dropped over $150 there. I guess I should keep my day job until I can post better results there.

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback on RGP as well as here on ways to improve at the cash games. I know I need a lot more work in that aspect of my games. I read the Poker Chronicles quite a bit and am always amazed at how well the author does with his cash game results. Of course, he also plays at much higher limit than I do. I know that I need to get better there because it will provide for less standard deviation in my results. It's very tough to make a living playing poker if you can only play tournaments.

I am going to try to cut back on the number of hours this week (wife is getting frustated at the number of hours that I am putting in). This will give me a chance to relax and re-energize. I also need to study football a little more since I have a fantasy draft coming up and the college football season is also right around the corner.


1 Comments:

Blogger Blu said...

I have also been receiving the wrath from the girlfriend for playing too many hours of poker online. Thank you for reminding me that I need to get a football fantasy guide asap because my draft is just around the corner. Where did August go again?

On a side note, I have created a link to your blog from mine. If it is a problem, please let me know and I will remove it. My site is http://blumankuma.blogspot.com

Thanks...

Blu

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home