The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Monday, July 12, 2004

Week ending July 11 in recap

I keep track of my poker session using an Excel spreadsheet developed by a fellow blogger by the name of Chicago Phil. If you are serious about playing poker, you should definitely keep track of the games, limits, and time that you play with profit and loss. This should allow you to spot trends to let you know which games you are most profitable so you can capitalize on that knowledge. Go to Chicago Phil's blog right now and download one if you haven't done so alrealdy...I really like his format.

I treat my poker playing as a second job so I like to see how I did for the previous week. I treat Sunday as the last day of the week. For the week ending Sunday July 11, I made $163 playing poker. Taking a little closer look at the spreadsheet, I see that I made a $431 profit playing the multi-table sit and go (2 first and a third). I lost $160 on single table sit and go and I lost another $108 on multi tournaments and satellites. Not a great week but it sure beats a losing week. Maybe I'll concentrate more on the multi sit and go this week as that's where I have been posting my best results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home