The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

The NBA Finals

Can anyone see the Pistons beat the Lakers in a best of 7 series?
A few months ago, the Lakers looked a lot like the Fakers, but now when things count the most....they seem almost unbeatable. My prediction is that Lakers win in 5 games.

Although I am not really a Lakers fan, it's nice to finally see Karl Malone and Gary Payton (the old school guys) get their rings. Enjoy it because I think the Lake Show will not be the same next year with the shipping of Kobe to the highest bidder.

On a poker note, I played in a couple of multi's last night. Best finish was fourth place in a 30+3 on Ultimate for about $350. Nice profit on the night but disappointing nonetheless since I was chip leader for about the last hour of the tourney before it got down to 4 handed. Blinds were 1K and 2K and I was the short stack but still around 25K. On the button, I pick up a pair of 7's and make it 5K to go. Big blind comes over the top and goes all-in. I am forced to lay it down since at best, I would be facing a 50-50 decision and I felt I could do better. Several hands later, I pick up A-10 suited and make a 10K stab at the blinds and antes....again, one of the blinds shove all in. Since I am basically pot-committed at this point and feel like I am being bullied around, I make the call. He turns over QQ and my tournament is over until the flop comes down with a A and a 10. As you probably guess, the Q comes on the river and now I am truly done. Left a bad taste in my mouth, but $350 is better than a kick in the balls.

Any thoughts on how you would have played those 2 hands?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home