The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Pacific Problem

I am so frustrated with dealing with customer service. Why does it seem like you always get a standard cookie cutter response instead of a real response from a live person?

So I was playing in the 10:00 multi tourney on Pacific last night. I know their software sucks, but there is often such a good overlay in their $10,000 guaranteed tournament that it is hard to resist. About 40 minutes into the tourney, there is less than 270 people left from an original 600. My stack is about average. Suddenly, I can no longer see one of my hole card. My name tag and stack size display is obstructing one of my hole card. After waiting for a couple of hands, the problem persisted. I had no choice but to leave the table so that I can try to restart the software to see if that might fix my problem. Well unlike other sites, where if you leave the table in the middle of a tourney, your blinds continue to be posted until you return, Pacific Poker automatically eliminates you from the tourney if you leave the table. How moronic is that!

Upon logging back on the site...I was expecting the software to take me back to my table. It didn't. I went to the tournament lobby and try to choose "seat me". I get a message that tells me I can't join the tourney. When I look at the player standings, I find that I finished somewhere around 270th place!!!!

Well it's only $16.50, but I decided to send an email to Pacific support to get a response and maybe a refund of my buy-in. Of course, I get some garbage back about checking my internet connection and that "due to popularity of the site", there could be a delay in connecting. Give a me break!!!

What would have happened if I had made it to the final table and that error occurred? Scary just thinking about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home