The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Friday, June 04, 2004

Smarty?

Anyone out there caught up in this Smarty Jones Triple Crown Fever? The horse sure looks tough but I can't pull myself to bet him at such a huge price. If you were looking strictly at the odds, you would think that the race is done and over with and the winner has been determined. Come on people!!!! They still have to go out there and race......No way am I risking so much to win so little.

So if I throw Smarty Jones out, who should I go with? My pick is Eddington. With the great Jerry Bailey aboard....anything can happen. Maybe a little exacta box action!

I am so glad it's Friday. Looking forward to a beautiful weekend here in the Atlanta area. Only 2 more weeks until the big wedding day. Whoa..I just can't believe that I am typing this. If you would have told me a year ago today that I would be married in 2 weeks, I would have layed whatever odds against that proposition. Funny how things change when you meet your soulmate!

Probably won't get to play in any big tourney this weekend, but hopefully I can sneak in one or two smaller tourney. I have been running pretty cold since my small win on Tuesday. Playing the $50 tourney on Ultimate Bet with no luck...can't even make it to the first break before busting out. I think I am going to start focusing on Pokerstars a little more...especially since they have the 25% deposit promo going. With the recent result of the WSOP, I expect more new players to come to Pokerstars and hopefully that will translate into a softer game there. I may also take a couple of shots at the WCOOP qualifiers tourneys that they are running.

Have a great weekend...thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home