The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Monday, June 07, 2004

A new game

After reading an article posted on RGP about how soft the one on one tournaments are online, I decided to give them a try this weekend. I played the $30 + $1.50 buy-in and won 7 in a row before losing my last two. Very nice!! I think I just got too cocky with those last two that I lost. It was unbelievable how easy it was. The players basically fell into two groups....either there were too aggressive and bluffed too much or they were too tight and let me run over them.

I think I will definitely start including more of these in my daily grind. I am trying to make a big score with a multi tourney win, but it would be nice to use these one on one to fund my entry fee into the multis. I love Multis...they are fun and gives me the possibility for a big win but the volatility on your bankroll is pretty huge. Hopefully, these heads-up matches will help even out some of the ups and down.

I have also come to the conclusion that 9-9 is my evil hand....I just can't seem to win with that hand or against it. I have experienced more bad beat with that hand that I care to remember. I am going to have to throw away that hand when I get late into a tourney.

I just read Iggy's blog and I saw that he pimped this blog. Thank you very much sir. Go check out his blog as he has enough poker related content to make your head spin and use bonus code IGGY at Party Poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home