The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Saturday, July 10, 2004

A long night

After spending more than two weeks on vacation with the wedding, this was a long week at work. Good thing it was a shortened week with the 4th of July holiday on Monday. Anyways, I had spending most of my time this week playing the multi table sit and go on Party. I cashed a first on one of them but failed to money in about 5 other ones so I am still up a little but not much.

When I got home Friday night, the wife had cooked a very nice dinner for us. I decided that I was not going to play any poker tonight. We rented 50 First Dates and it turned out to be a decent movie. After the movie was over, we went to bed, but after about a hour or so, I just couldn't fall asleep. So I did the only logical thing, I logged onto Party to see if there was any good tourneys starting soon. I decided to play in the $10 multi satellite for a seat Saturday's 200K tournament.

300 people signed up and they gave 12 seats and some chump change for place 13-15. At about 5:00 in the morning, I was still at the table, we got down to 13 people left and only needed one more to get eliminated to get seats. I was short-stacked but there were at least 3 other players with smaller stacks than me. I could have folded every hand and probably gotten a seat. When I got dealt KK, I pushed my whole stack in. Not sure why....maybe it was instinct. Either way, the big stack at the table called me with a K9. The flop brings a 9 and the river 9 seals my fate. Bubble boy, once again! I played 3 1/2 hours to get $60 for coming in 13th. Unreal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home