The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Monday, July 19, 2004

Red Week

Well this week has been all about fighting uphill.  I was out sick from work on Monday.  Rather than do the logical thing and getting some rest, I decided to fire up Party Poker and spend my day playing 3 table sit and go.  Maybe it was the physical state that I was in or just the fact that there are better players on during the day, but I really got slaughtered.  I don't think I moneyed in a single tourney.  I ended the day losing well over $200.
 
The rest of the week didn't treat me much better.  None of my draws got home and it seemed that I got rivered more than I care to recount.  Sometimes, you just have to smile and continue playing your game to get through the slump.  I knew there would be days and weeks like these.
I woke up on Sunday and my account was $450 lighter than it was at the start of the week.  I gave some serious thoughts to packing it in for the week but that just wasn't my style.
 
I ended up winning some of my money back and ended in the red $280 for the week.  A little better but I can't continue having that type of week if I want to play this game long-term.
 
What I really need to do is win another multi tournament.  I haven't achieved that feat in over 2 months.  Haven't even made a final table as a matter of fact....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home