The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Friday, August 20, 2004

Cash games

Lately, I have been tossing around the idea of quitting my job and playing poker full-time. Let me start out by saying that my current job is an assignment that I took on as temporary work that turned into a long-term position. I am definitely over-qualified and underpaid. It has just been tough for me to find a job comparable to the one that I had prior to relocating to Georgia. I am actually making less than half what I was previously earning.

So anyways, I have been doing fairly well playing STT and MTT, but I wanted to experiment with the ring games to provide for another source of income if I am going to be doing this full time. What I learned is that I am not nearly as good as I think I am. I played the $25 and $50 NL table at Party and it seems like people will call you down with anything. I am not very good at the limit game and my game requires that I play No-limit in order to be the most effective. I haven't quite figured out yet what I am doing wrong in the limit game. I know that I have already lost close to $150 this week in the ring games. Fortunately, yesterday, I was 5 for 5 in cashing on the $22 singles tourney with 2 first place finish so I am still up a little for the week.

If anyone has some tips for NL ring games, please leave me a comment. Thanks.


1 Comments:

Blogger grrouchie said...

Maybe what you should do to improve your limit game is start at a low limit and play tight. I've got a chart that I've been using because I had the same problem as you.

Thus far this has helped me a great deal.

Granted, it's playing tight and can get boring if you aren't playing multiple tables.

Now, my question for you is how on earth are you so good at the tournies. I've slowly got a little better at them, but i'm still not consistantly placing in the money let alone placing high in any to get a good piece of the pie.

Any sugguestions you can give me on playing tournies better would be appreciated.
can always email it to me at
das265 at yahoo.com

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home