The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Monday, July 26, 2004

Old habits are hard to kick

First of all, this past week has been a good week for poker.  I ended the week up close to $1200.  Of course, most of that came from my third place finish in the PokerRoom tourney.  But I also had two first place finish in Party's 3 table sit and go.  All in all though, I didn't really play much poker.  In fact, I didn't play any poker at all over the weekend.  I was so looking forward to hitting the tables this weekend and play in some of the higher buy-in tourneys thanks to my success earlier in the week.  Looking back on it, I wish I would have.  Just finished reading Iggy's post and it appears that it was a feeding frenzy this past weekend at Party.

Now here comes the depressing news....how I spent my weekend.  I was talked into going to Biloxi for a gambling excursion.  Since I don't play cash game poker and they didn't have any tourneys running, I reverted back to my old habits of playing blackjack and craps.  When it was all said and done, I dropped over $500.  Suffice to say that I am not making any such trip again in the near future!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home