The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Near Hit

I am operating on fumes this morning.  I played in Poker Room's guaranteed $10K tournament last night and it didn't end until well after 2:30 in the morning Eastern time.  The good news is that if I was still playing at 2:30....it must mean that I did alright.  The positive side is that I did finally make a final table....the bad news is that I didn't take first place.
 
I am certainly not complaining about my 3rd place finish and $972 prize, but I had every opportunity to win that tourney last night.  When we got down to 4 players, I experienced a connection problem with my internet with the blinds at 6000/12000.  I actually had to reboot my computer in order to get back to the tournament.  Fortunately this happened near a break so I didn't get completely blinded off.  When I came back, I had lost about 1/3 of my stack and was down to $100,000.  However, i got a good run of cards to eliminate another player and was the chip leader with a chip count close to 500K/250K/100K.  I told myself that I will try to avoid confrontations but the cards just kept hitting me so I had to play my hands. 
 
I lost the chip lead when my opponent hit a miracle river card....but I couldn't complain since I had my fair share of river miracles in the tourney.  I was soon eliminated in third place....couldn't sleep for another hour because I kept replaying those last few hands and what went wrong.  It was definitely a bitter sweet finish.
 
So this week has the making of the exact opposite of last week.  Instead of starting in a huge hole, I am now close to the 1K mark for the week.   Hopefully the momemtum will carry throughout the week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ignatious said...

wow! congratulations!!!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home