The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Friday, December 30, 2005

It has arrived!

My long awaited trip to Vegas to ring in the New Year is finally here. Actually, my flight from Atlanta doesn't leave until 8:00 PM tonight, so I am still sitting here at work counting down the hours. We'll get in to Vegas at around 9:30 local time. We'll be staying at the Riviera for the first two nights and then moving over to the Monte Carlo for the last two nights.

We originally booked the whole stay at the Riviera. My wife was browsing their web site when she noticed that they are now offering the room at a much lower rate. When she called them to see if they would honor it, they refused. I didn't particularly care for that response so we cancel the last two nights. We would have cancelled all four nights if there wasn't a penalty for doing so. As luck would have it, I recently received a promo offer in the mail from the Monte Carlo for 3 free nights. Thus, everything worked out beautifully.

I haven't had much time to update this blog so let me bring you up to date on how I have been doing. I had a very good stretch on FullTilt with many final tables and cashes for close to $1000 each. I also finished 3rd in a Party Poker tournament for about $4500. At one point, I truly felt invincible, then reality set in these past couple of weeks. I am losing every possible ways imaginable. I guess that's what they call variance, but boy does it suck!!

Hopefully, my luck will turn in Vegas. I am hoping to play a couple of tourneys out there and get away from the online grind. I'll be sure to come back with some good stories and updates. It's also time to think about my poker goals for 2006. More to come when I return...

Until then, have a safe New Year and remember that a cab ride is much cheaper than a DUI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home