The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Vegas, Here I Come!

We booked our flight for New Year's Eve in Vegas this past weekend. My wife and I will be flying out there on Friday December 30th and spend the New Year in Vegas. Man, this is going to be a great trip. I am trying to talk my siblings and their spouses into joining us out there. We made reservation at the Riviera Hotel, but if I can take down a couple of MTT before the trip, I'll probably try to get a room at one of the newer hotel that still has vacancy. That may be a stretch. The important thing is that I will be able to count down 2005 and welcome in 2006 on the Vegas Strip instead of on my living room couch.

Maybe it will be a sign of things to come for 2006 since I am going to try really hard to qualify online for the WSOP 2006. I am having a pretty good year so far, but I am going to fall short of my poker goals this year. I am up well over 5 digits for the year, but I have not played in a major live buy-in tournament like I wanted to do. I have been doing a lot of grinding online and used most of my winnings to buy things for the new house and to pay off existing debt.

It's a little early to start making 2006 resolutions and plans, but I know that I am going to be setting aside a percentage of all my winnings in 2006 so that I can start taking some shots at the next level. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!


How 'bout them Dawgs?? This could be the year baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home