The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I Busted a Pro

Sorry for the lack of updates. It seems as if I have constantly been on the road this past month. When I am not traveling, I am too busy cashing in the multi table tournaments on Full Tilt Poker (bonus code:Pokerbook or click link below)to be posting. I don't foresee any travel for the next couple of weeks so I thought I would post an update now that things have calmed down some.

I have had a couple of nice cashes since my last update. I think most of them have been for about $1000, but it's nice when they come in bunches. I am about $500 away from this 55 inch Sony big screen TV that I have had my eyes on. Hopefully with a little luck, I'll be able to make that purchase this weekend.

This past sunday, I played in the 50K guaranteed on FullTilt and I was fortunate to bust Steve Brecher. I had an above average stack when he was moved to my table with a small stack. Although I normally don't like to call all-ins with AK, I just couldn't resist when he pushed in front of me. I call and he flips over Presto (5-5) so I needed a little luck on the flop. I did spike the Ace and knock him out thus getting a bounty of $200 and essentially turning that tournament into a freeroll for me. I busted out in 19th place for an additional $320. I guess I should be happy, but I keep focusing on the fact that I was only 18 people away from the $18K. I am really playing well right now and I seem to win my fair share of coin flips so I am hoping that I can take down a nice payday soon!

My wife and I are in the process of making our New Year's Eve plans. We have decided on Las Vegas this year. My goal over the next couple of months is to win enough money to pay for the trip. I'll keep you all updated on my progress.

Good luck at the tables!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on busting Brecher! Hope the cards keep coming your way, unless your at my table. lol

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home