The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Monday, November 14, 2005

Quick Update

Sorry for the lack of updates lately if any of my readers are still out there. It's tough to update when things aren't going well at the table.

October was a rough month. It was a break-even month for me but I was so accustomed to winning that it really felt like a losing month. I lost my fair share of races and I would spend 2-3 hours in a tourney and bubble a few spots from the money when someone would hit their perfect card on the river. I guess that's poker and that's what they call variance, but it is still tough to stomach when you are going through it.

November has been much better. I won $2500 on Friday night by taking down 1st place in the nightly guaranteed tourney on Full Tilt.

Outside of poker, I had to disable the comments on my blog as it was being hijacked by spammers. If any of you want to contact me, you can find me most nights playing on Full Tilt under the name "beatbookie".

My Dawgs have been disappointing of late. We have dropped two straight with losses to Florida and Auburn. There goes any hope of a National title. Fortunately, we can still end up in the SEC Championship game with a win over Kentucky next week. They have traditionally been our whipping boys so hopefully we can continue that trend.

I am going to be out In Phoenix for business the first week in December. Anyone know of any poker rooms out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home