The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Monday, January 30, 2006

A January to Forget

Poker has been depressing lately. That's always the case when you are running bad. You almost feel like the poker gods are out to test you. I have lost every possible way the last 3 weeks. It's been sickening at times because I can actually call out the flop or the river before it gets dealt. Thank goodness for the $2000 that I won in the first couple days of January or this month would be even uglier.

Nonetheless, January is going to be a losing month and ending my streak of continuous winning months. When it's all said and done, I will be down about 2K for the month. It's been so painful I have avoided looking at my running total on the Excel spreadsheet that I keep. Taking into account the great start to the month, it's been a $4000 downswing since then. I hope the tide turns soon. The only positive that I can take from this is that I am still getting my money in when I have the best hand. Once the money goes in the middle, it's all up to the poker gods and to probabilities. Here's to hoping that probabilities prevail!

January has been disappointing in other ways. The World Series of Poker Circuit and the World Poker Tour were both in full swing in Tunica, Mississippi this month. I was hoping to go and play at least a couple of the preliminary events, but that didn't happen. Tunica is the closest place to Atlanta for some live poker for me. It doesn't bode well for my goals of playing more live tournaments this year if I can't even make it to Tunica.

Outside of poker, we only took one vacation this month. My brother rented a cabin in the North Georgia mountains....actually he rented a mansion log home. The place was incredibly nice. We got to spend one weekend there and recharge. My only complaint was that I was not able to get an internet connection.

My goals for February is to get back on the winning track. I am starting on Harrington on Holdem Volume II. You will find me on FullTilt playing the lower limit SNGs for the next couple of weeks until I can rebuild my bankroll.

Vacation plans for February: visit the in-laws in Albany, NY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home