The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Monday, August 08, 2005

Super Sunday and Week in Recap

Boy was Sunday a long day! I just wish it had been a little longer. :)

After waking up and eating breakfast, I logged into Pokerstars around 11:00 AM. I told myself that i was going to play in the $500,000 guaranteed tourney but I didn't want to buy in directly. I had 3 shots to win a seat in their $11 rebuys turbo (12:30, 1:30, and 2:30). I got warmed up by playing a couple of sit and goes on Bodog.

In my 12:30 satellite, I busted shortly after the add-on break. However, in the next satellite, I finally won my seat to the big tourney at 4:30. So I invested a total of $62 for my $215 seat. I always take an immediate rebuy and an add-on in these things.

I couldn't believe how many people signed up for the 500K. There were over 3400 players and the top 324 was going to get paid with first place taking about 138K, i think. I got some chips early in the tourney and tried to stay out of trouble. At one point, Mike "the Grinder" Mizrachi was moved to my immediate left. Luckily, he was shortstacked and didn't create a lot of problems for me. It's amazing how fast the blinds go up in these things. At one point, I was in 20th place but I went card dead and busted in 218th place. That was good for a $476 payday.

Now on to the good stuff. I have been torrid in the Full Tilt MTT this past week so I decided to buy into the $216 35K guaranteed tournament. It was kind of a last minute impulse decision because I was doing so well in the Pokerstars tournament. I am sure glad I did.
I played at the same table as Jennicide and she was very pleasant....not what I would have expected from the posts about her in the various poker forums. I finished the tournament in 5th place and a score of $3750. This is my biggest cash to date in a MTT.

Total for the week: + $5500.

Let's hope the streak continues.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home