The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Saturday, April 23, 2005

The Drought Ends

I finally broke my losing streak in MTT yesterday. After a 3 hour battle, I beat 90 other players to take down the first prize of $582.40 on Fulltilt. It wasn't so much the money as the thrill of making it back to the final table and winning.

I felt like I played good poker for the entire 3 hours. I started the tournament by doubling up early and then just hanging around the average stack size for the longest time. Cards came around just enough for me to stay above the water. When it got down to about 20 people, I opened it up a little and built a nice stack for the final table. Another player (t206naps) remarked that I didn't see a hand that I didn't like. Although that wasn't exactly true, the rest of the table tightened up enough to allow me to run over it.

However, there was this other player (Nizzate) who was pretty decent. He ended up finishing second, but I can't recall how many times I doubled him up. No matter what I had, he either had me beat or drew out on me. When we got heads up, I had a huge lead on him but I wasn't counting him out because of our history. Fortunately for me, my hand held up and it was sweet victory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home