The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Bridesmaid

I ended up the bridesmaid in Fulltilt's $50 tournament on Monday afternoon. Only 62 people entered this tournament, but among them was Pro player Steve Brecher. I have never heard of the guy before but he has supposedly won over $350K this year alone. Although it was nice to cash for $651, it wasn't nearly as satisfying as cashing for less when I finished first a couple of days ago. I was actually pretty disappointed with my final table play. I managed to build a nice lead going into the final table, but made some really suspect and bonehead moves.

Luckiest hand of the tourney: Down to 3 handed; I have slightly more than the low stack (teach2121). I hold 9-8 in the SB and limp in. Flop comes down QJ10 and I fall in love with my open ended straight draw. I semi-bluff the pot and get reraised. Rather than throw my hand away like I should have, I reraised my opponent all in. He thought for a second before calling and turning over QQ for the set. The turn brings a 9 and the river saves me with a K for the straight on the board and a split pot. That King on the river was worth $200 to me as that was the difference in prize money between 3rd and 2nd.

Unluckiest hand of the tourney: My Jacks running up against Steve's Queens. We got it all in preflop and no helps come. I lose my chip lead and give chips to the wrong person at the table.

Items of note: Lothian again played well and finish 4th. Watch out for him. Some player named Bobmo that harassed the whole table for about an hour because he was busted on a bad beat.

Sweetest part of tourney: Busting Warking aka "I am Rick James, Biatch"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home