The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Monday, September 20, 2004

Stalling

Nothing is going right for me at the moment. I lost another $170 in poker this past week. Some of the beats have been out of this world. I feel like I am a worse player than I was 2 weeks ago. Is that even possible to regress?

Ironically, Iggy has a new entry posted dealing with this exact issue of reaching a plateau. In my case, it feels less like reaching a plateau and more like falling off a cliff. Switching limits have not helped, changing sites has not worked either, and trying different tournament formats is also useless. I wish I lived near a cardroom so that I can go play some live poker and get away from the computer for a while.

I really don't want to cut back on playing this week, although I would guess that most would give me that advice. The thing is that I will be going out of town this weekend to visit the in-laws in New York. I would like to be able to play out of this slump over the course of this week and head to New York on a winning note.

I am going to spend some time looking at hand histories to see if there are any changes that I can make. However I feel that I have switched up my playing this week to no avail. Maybe, it's just a matter of time before it turns around. A first place finish in a MTT would do a world of good for my self-confidence.

In the football game tonight, take Philly and Minnesota to score UNDER 50 points. For those of you that still don't have a sport wagering account, please consider signing up with Bodog using the link to the left.

1 Comments:

Blogger HuggyBear said...

Read this post after laying a small chunk on the U, great observation. Most folks see them as super offenses but miss the fact that they are both very solid defensively as well. Any way, Right On!

HuggyBear




http://nflonlinebetting.blogspot.com/

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home