The Poker Bookie

A journal dedicated to my exploits into Poker, Sports Betting, and Thoroughbred Racing

Name:
Location: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Friday, September 24, 2004

The bleeding stops

This week again got off to a rocky start. Before I knew what hit me, I was already down $150 by Tuesday night. I logged off the computer and got to bed deciding to call it night. As I was laying there replaying some of the hands in my head, it occurred to me that I was starting to play scared. I would say that in 9 out of 10 times when we get it all in and flip over the cards, I am invariably ahead in the hand. Time after time, I get outdrawn. After a while, i got gun shy and would wait for only the best of hands to go all-in so that I don't get outdrawn. That really hampered my game. I was scared to call an all-in even when I was sure without a doubt that I had the best hand.
I made a decision then and there that I needed to snap out of that mode. I wanted to know what it felt like to suck out on someone. I wanted to go all-in even if I was on a draw assuming the price was right. I couldn't wait until the next day to try it. I got out of bed at 11 PM and played until 3 that morning. I am now up $250 for the week and it feels great!
Since I am leaving for New York early Saturday, there will be no poker this week. I might play a little tonight if I get the chance but regardless I will be able to log a win for this week. In football this week, take Purdue to beat Illinois by more than 3 TD. For the rest of my pick, you can visit www.beatvegasodds.com! GL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home